Current Vacancies at Christ Central
Christ Central Church – Advert
Job Title: Missions Pastor
Organisation: Christ Central Church
Location: Redhill, Surrey, RH1
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 dependent on experience and pension
Closing Date: 23rd May 2018
Job Ref: CC-MP-2018
Christ Central is part of the Advance movement of churches, partnering together to advance the Gospel through planting and strengthening churches. Our aim is to see our community transformed by the love and power of Jesus Christ working through the lives of ordinary people. We’re a welcoming, hospitable group, with great enthusiasm when it comes to God’s Word (the Bible)! We believe it still works in the 21st Century, and we’re not ashamed or afraid to admit it.
We now require a Missions Pastor, who would report to our Lead Elder, to oversee our mission and church planting programs and to expand our global footprint through international partnerships and existing personal network.
The Missions Pastor will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop, implement, and oversee our international and domestic church planting training base;
- Develop and lead our church planting training programmes;
- Undertake teaching and pastoral responsibilities, including being available for pastoral care and visits to church members;
- Deliver Christ Central teaching and sermons on Sunday mornings and as required throughout the week;
- Recruit and train volunteers from within Christ Central to share the Gospel and the love of God through ongoing missions both domestically and internationally;
- Develop a national and international church planting strategy in line with Christ Central’s vision;
- Recruit and train church members in multiplication strategies for national and international church planting;
- Explore and manage key partnerships within the Advance church movement and other church movements both domestically and overseas, to enhance mission engagement and church planting;
- Develop a reproducible, multilingual and cross cultural, Bible based oral and narrative training curriculum for evangelism, discipleship, church planting and leadership;
- Develop and lead a team of experts to train and deliver various aspects of the newly developed curriculum;
- Overseeing and troubleshooting as required with those church members involved with domestic and international church planting;
- Deliver training curriculum both nationally and internationally to partnering churches and missionaries;
- Undertake additional international travel with the sole purpose of spreading the vision and values of Christ Central church and partnering organisations;
- Develop and manage key partnerships with other churches, donors and missions agencies;
- Facilitating, training and coaching church members and missionaries in the oral communication of Scripture.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in undertaking all of the above duties to a high standard and must also be able to meet the following requirements:
- Degree level or equivalent in theological studies together with comprehensive knowledge of Missions and current mission strategies; Narrative theology and narrative preaching; and Evangelical Christian theology and biblical exegesis;
- Experience of facilitating entry into a people group, evangelism within the people group and discipleship of new Christians;
- Understanding of how to form healthy, reproducing churches, the development of indigenous church leaders and appropriately empowering and equipping the local church so that the missionary may exit;
- Effective as a trainer, mentor, and coach with experience in developing and leading teams;
- Experience in church planting in multiple cultural contexts, particularly in Africa and Asia;
- Experience in leading partnerships between churches, donors and missions agencies;
- Strong networking skills to adequately network and lead missionaries, mission agencies and churches – skilled in relational networking;
- Extensive, demonstrable experience of cross-cultural and cross-linguistic communication; training and project development in a cross-cultural contexts; and working with churches and church leaders;
- Understanding of the use and development of media in an integrated strategy for the effective communicating of Christian Scripture;
- Project management experience in a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary, multi-language environment;
- Capable of comprehensively researching the availability of oral Scripture media in diverse geographical, socio-political, and linguistic context;
- Fund raising and donor relations experience;
- Clear, concise, and compelling written and spoken communication skills;
- A passion for seeing all peoples with access to the Bible in an appropriate (oral) format;
- Exhibiting Christ-like behaviour in professional and personal relationships;
- Be a life-long learner with strong problem-solving skills;
- Able to demonstrate flexibility in roles, time and outcomes;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Applications and on-line resources effectively.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.
There is an expectation that the post holder would live locally and become a member of Christ Central church.
This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS criminal record check.
Please send applications to Nik Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Christ Central, 3 London Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1LY