CDA Update – Winter 2013
CDA Update – Winter 2013
Good news! Sally McKercher, who has been working with CDA as a volunteer for over 4 years, was employed at the beginning of December to work for us part-time. Sally will doing some of our admin, as well as acting as an advisor.
Networking in our Community
As we become better known and build our network of referring agencies, so we experience an ever-increasing demand for debt advice.
We work very closely with Reigate & Banstead Housing Options team, NextStep (an organisation offering a rent deposit scheme), Parashoot (set up to help those facing homelessness), and Transform Housing (supported housing for ex-offenders, those recovering from drug & alcohol abuse and those with mental health illness). We also run a weekly drop-in service at the Salvation Army.
We have many referrals from existing clients, local church leaders, doctors, other local voluntary organisations and school home-link workers. And we know many of you tell your friends, colleagues and family about us when you are aware that they have financial difficulties.
What our Clients Think
Testimonies from our clients are humbling and special :
- Thank you so much for your support it really does mean so much and we know we would have not come through this without your support.
- I would have taken my own life by now if I wasn’t getting this help.
- I want to let you know of my deep appreciation and gratitude. I feel that I have come to the end of a very long journey. Your guidance, help, advice and prayers have allowed me to sleep at night again.
- Thanks again for your support and expertise, it helps so much, and knowing that you won’t give up on him is wonderful!
- Thank you so much for all the effort you put into our affairs – it’s much appreciated. It’s still so reassuring to know you are supporting us both.
- It wasn’t too bad going through this process (bankruptcy) and nowhere near as troublesome or daunting as I thought it would be. But it’s done now and I feel a lot happier for doing it. Again many thanks for the help you gave me and the advice.
- Thank you for all your support and all the hard work, time and effort you have put into this for me, you don`t know how much I appreciate it and am grateful for it.
We Need Your Support
We are constantly amazed and encouraged by the changes we see in people’s lives and the way situations can be changed by hard work, persistence and the overriding influence and power of the Holy Spirit working unseen. We rely many, many times on Him to change situations and are regularly speechless at the way things turn out for our clients.
Contact details: 01737 887558; email@example.com
Office hours: Tues, Wed, Thurs 09.30 – 15.30; Fri 09.30 – 12.30
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour, who daily bears our burdens.
Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and for evermore.
If you would like to support CDA, either as part of our team, or by giving money, or praying for us, then please get in touch to talk this through.
First Things First – Get Stuck In – Mark Hope
At Christ Central we have mid-week Connect Groups and we encourage everyone to be part of one. Here, Mark gives 7 reasons why they are a good thing to get stuck in to.
First Things First – Turn Up – Nik Ball
First Things First is a 4 week series to start the year and we’re looking at what it means to be a member of Christ Central. In this talk we discuss why being at church on ...